The National Housing Conference is thrilled to host our annual Solutions for Affordable Housing convening on Dec. 6 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the National Press Club. We look forward to the energy, innovation, and insightful ideas sure to emerge from a national convening of leaders in housing. Speakers representing local governments, developers, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, intermediaries, and advocacy coalitions will attend along with leaders in affordable housing from across the country. This convening would not be possible without the generous contributions of our sponsors, including our title sponsor, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bipartisanship will be a key theme running throughout this convening. NHC strongly believes the spirit of bipartisanship is critical to sustainably addressing the nation’s housing challenges. We have crafted this year’s agenda with that in mind. We hope you’ll join us for panels and conversations with nationally recognized experts in affordable rental housing and homeownership, including the following:
- Housing and High Interest Rates with Monique King-Viehland from JPMorgan Chase, Mike Fratantoni from Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), Skylar Olsen from Zillow, and Jason Fichtner from the Bipartisan Policy Center.
- Housing Opportunities in the Inflation Reduction Act with Anne Evens from Elevate, Darien Cimmin from Winn Companies, Todd Nedwick from National Housing Trust, and Peter Lawrence from Novogradac.
- Appraisal Reform with Bryan Greene from National Association of REALTORS®, Meg Burns from the Housing Policy Council, Nikitra Bailey from the National Fair Housing Alliance, and Sarah Brundage from HUD.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s Future in Affordable Housing with Dr. Akilah Watkins from Independent Sector, Danny Gardner from Freddie Mac, Katrina Jones from Fannie Mae, Dana Wade from Walker Dunlop, and Eileen Tu from Rocket Mortgage.
- Navigating the Post-pandemic Housing Supply Chain with Ali Solis from Solis Strategic Solutions, Gene Seroka from the Port of Los Angeles, Jim Tobin from National Association of Home Builders, and Rachel Jamison from the American Wood Council.
- Special Purpose Credit Programs with Keith Bickel from Bank of America, Leda Bloomfield from Federal Housing Finance Agency, Justin Wiseman from MBA, Eliisa Frazier from Low Income Investment Fund, Mark McArdle from the CFPB, and Daniel Smith from Keepingly.
Additionally, Mayor of San Diego, Todd Gloria and Mayor of Philadelphia, Jim Kenney will join me for a luncheon fireside chat that will examine local efforts to increase housing production. The World Series will not be discussed. The day will conclude with a reception sponsored by NAR for housing leaders to build relationships while interacting with industry partners. Early bird registration ends this Tuesday!
NHC is committed to your safety. Attendance at Solutions for Affordable Housing requires proof of full vaccination. We will limit attendance to 200, two-thirds of the National Press Club’s capacity, with an option to stream the convening online.