On March 15th the National Housing Conference will hold its annual Solutions for Housing Communications convening from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. This year’s event will focus on building blocks for creating an effective housing brand. We look forward to hearing from members of advocacy coalitions as well as reporters, and podcasters! NHC is especially excited to introduce a new toolkit on Employer Assisted Housing as part of the opening plenary panel, which will dive into existing EAH programs and discuss how to market the concept to a new generation of housers, policymakers, and employers. A reception at The Hamilton will follow.
As we continue to advocate for innovative housing solutions in a new political landscape, we hope you will walk away emboldened, with the tools you need to continue selling the importance of affordable housing. We’re excited to include the following among our panels:
- A How to Guide on Coalition Building: How do housing coalitions move their initiatives? How can we successfully form, build, and brand coalitions?
- Molding the Homeownership Message for Gen Z and Millennials: How can we modernize the homeownership message for a younger audience and simplify the housing conversation?
- Effective Branding in Manufactured Housing: How did the manufactured housing community change its narrative and successfully appeal to younger homebuyers?
- Lessons Learned in Racial Equity Initiatives: How can we direct messaging to different communities and build awareness through local efforts?
- The Importance of Local News in Housing: How can local news outlets impact broader policy challenges? Reporters from different markets will come together to discuss how they report housing issues within their localities.
- Housing on the Mic: How can we use podcasts within our organizations and elevate media in our brands? Panelists will provide a how-to guide on creating podcasts on key housing topics.
This event provides a unique opportunity for housing communicators to come together and learn from the leading voices in housing today. Solutions for Housing Communications is the only national convening focused on communications in the housing industry. We look forward to the conversations that will surely emerge from this gathering of insightful professionals and are excited to see what new ventures arise to help further the housing conversation at the local and national levels.
In-person tickets cost $100; virtual tickets are $75. Be on the lookout for additional speaker announcements in the coming weeks. Visit this website to register today!
Solutions for Housing Communications is brought to you by the generous contributions of JP Morgan Chase and Company, and Rocket Mortgage.