- Coordinates the work of the Black Homeownership Collaborative and the NHC Racial Equity Working Group. The Black Homeownership Collaborative (Collaborative) is led by a Steering Committee made up of senior representatives from the National Urban League, Mortgage Bankers Association, NAACP, National Association of REALTORS, National Housing Conference, and National Fair Housing Alliance, supported by research from the Urban Institute. NHC is the founder and Executive Secretariat of the Group. The Collaborative’s goal is to increase Black homeownership by 3 million net new homeowners by 2030. It’s goals and objectives are available at 3by30.org. The NHC Racial Equity Working Group is made up of a diverse group of NHC members committed to furthering racial equity across the housing industry.
- Organize, attend, and participate in Collaborative and Racial Equity Working Group meetings, and other stakeholder meetings, including documenting important actions and decisions from meetings
- Create agendas, coordinate project plans, maintain schedules, track work hours and expenditures of projects related to the Collaborative and Racial Equity Working Group.
- Write comprehensive research summaries and reports.
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed project documentation, plans, and reports. Monitor work streams, including attending workstream meetings and assisting workstream chairs.
- Assist with event planning and logistics.
- Assist policy and research staff with annual publications relating to Collaborative’s progress toward the 3by30 goal.
- Support Policy Director on other national housing policy issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a project coordinator or similar role
- Strong research, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Proven ability to be successful in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience working in a mission-driven nonprofit setting a plus
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter and salary requirements
Email materials with subject line “Policy Associate – [Your Name]” to: Amanda Mitchell, Vice President of Operations, National Housing Conference, at email@example.com.
All NHC employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.