- Brand Management: Ensure NHC staff and spokespeople have access to and use approved collateral materials, develop and update those materials as required, ensure adequate quantities of branded materials remain in stock, and produce materials for events. Actively seek out opportunities for NHC staff to communicate externally on relevant topics. Work with design, printing and other vendors to execute relevant tasks.
- Publication release and distribution: Work with policy and research staff to plan releases, including identifying appropriate audiences, channels of communication, and distribution. Maintain the inventory of publications and work with staff to ensure systems are observed and functioning. Develop and maintain metrics on publication distribution and report on results.
- Event marketing: Lead the development of marketing concepts for NHC events and develop marketing plans based on those concepts. Implement event marketing plans, enlisting NHC colleagues and event stakeholders when needed. Work with design, printing and other vendors to execute relevant tasks. Develop and maintain metrics on event marketing and report on results.
- Event execution: Assist in the development of the concept and agenda for all NHC events. Help secure speakers and schedule preparatory calls for panels. Create signage, electronic templates, programs, and other collateral for all NHC events. Assist with pre-event, on-site, and post-event tasks such as packet assembly, registration, and tear-down. Work with design, printing, photography, webcast and other vendors to execute relevant tasks.
- Media relations: Develop overarching media relations strategy for NHC in collaboration with policy team. Act as a central point of contact for media. Draft press releases on NHC publications and statements on federal housing policy developments and distributes approved releases to appropriate outlets. Create and maintain press lists for relevant topic areas. Work proactively with key media to develop and maintain relationships. Work with vendors to execute relevant tasks. Develop and maintain metrics on press hits and report on results.
- Member relations: Manage the publication of NHC’s weekly Member Brief with Policy staff, including soliciting and writing stories. Assist with annual membership campaigns and other member outreach activities, initiating the development of membership marketing campaign. Develop and maintain metrics on member-targeted communications and report on results.
- Online presence management: Manage NHC website, blog, social media Draft social media, blog, and website content. Work with vendors to execute relevant tasks. Develop and maintain metrics on NHC online channels and report on results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: B.A. in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or another related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of program and product marketing experience
- Strong research, writing and communications skills
- Ability to create and generate content in various formats for print, web, and digital formats
- Experience managing the development of creative/graphic design work.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Digital Media: PPC, AdWords, digital analytics, social media, and email
- Website management, specifically WordPress – some
- Project management skills, a must
- Able to multi-task and juggle projects
- Experience working in a mission-driven nonprofit setting a plus
Vice President of Operations
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter and salary requirements
Email materials with subject line “Comms Manager” to:
Vice President of Operations
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.