NHC builds a national network of housing communicators, discovers and disseminates best practices in message development and communications and promotes new ways of thinking about the role of communicators in housing work.
- Track and report on the latest research into framing, values-based messaging and other cognitive linguistic topics as they apply to affordable housing.
- Provide toolkits, trainings and other resources to help the housing community use scientifically proven communications strategies.
Building Support for Affordable Housing
- Research the root causes of community opposition to affordable housing.
- Surface innovative, high-impact ways to counter opposition and build support.
- Share best practices with the housing community through convenings, publications and presentations.